Day Classes: 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Evening Classes: Requires two evenings. 6:00 PM to 10:00PM
What to bring to class: Bring to class your MVD letter, driver’s license,
and $120.00 money order for payment.
For Classes Valley Wide: (480) 857-4000
Outside Maricopa County: 1-877-857-4414
Fax: (480) 240-1322
Need to reschedule my class?
Absolutely! Give us a call, send us an email, or simply sign up again online
(with a comment depicting which class date you originally signed up for).
What is Traffic Survival School (TSS)?
Traffic survival schools are designed to reach individuals who have exhibited a disregard for traffic laws and the safety of others. Arizona Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) believes mandating violators to attend school will improve motorists' attitudes towards safe driving. TSS is required by MVD and must be attended within 60 days of the “Date Action Begins” found on the MVD Corrective Action Letter you received or your license will be suspended. You will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the eight hour class. We will mail the yellow copy of that certificate into Motor Vehicle Division and they will enter your information into their system.
Is Traffic Survival School the same as Defensive Driving School?
No. Defensive Driving is for individuals who received a ticket and wish to avoid the points associated with the violation. Traffic Survival School is for individuals who have already been assessed points and received a letter from MVD mandating a TSS class. If you are looking to dismiss your ticket and avoid points, click on the defensive driving tab and follow the directions.
What if I have a court order requiring I attend a traffic survival school?
Remember, if you are looking to dismiss your ticket and avoid points, click on the defensive driving tab and follow the directions. If you have already been to Court and your court paperwork specifically states in the decision (signed by the Judge) that you are required to attend a "traffic survival school" then this is the class for you. Complete the registration process and bring with you to class a full copy of the court paperwork, photo ID, and payment.
There are several circumstances that will cause an MVD order:
• DUI - Extreme DUI
• Red light violation - IF you have a red light violation (28-645A3A, 28-645A3B, or 28-645A3C) and you pay the fine instead of attending a defensive driving class, you will be ordered by the MVD to attend a Traffic Survival School. Keep in mind that by attending Traffic Survival School the points will not be removed from your driving record.
• Aggressive Driving - First offense you will be required to attend a Traffic Survival School course and your license may be suspended for 30 days.
• 8-12 points on license within 1 year of first offense
• An accident that involves a death or serious injury
• First conviction for a driver who has a Graduated Driver's (Class G) License
• Received a ticket out of state and that state requires Traffic Survival School
What if I lost my letter?
After February 10, 2013, the instructor can print out the letter in the classroom. The fee for this service is $10.00.
Will there be a lunch break?
You will receive a lunch break and are welcome to go to a local restaurant to get something to eat or you are welcome to bring food and drink to class.